In order to assist our girls to build and strengthen character The McCrae House Inc. has embraced a number of core values, which function as the basis for establishing policies and procedures, and determines decisions made as girls are guided in their developmental process.
Foundational Teaching of our Home
By working from the inside out (focusing on changing your own way of thinking before changing the circumstances around you), you can build your self-esteem.
The goal of this positive thinking is to give yourself a more positive self-concept, while seeing yourself honestly and accepting yourself, and removing the internal barriers that can keep you from doing your best.
The McCrae House Inc. offers a positive alternative to a negative lifestyle for abused and troubled teens, a way to give those kids a second chance, a way to redirect them and provide positive role models and socially acceptable ways for recognizing and dealing with life’s uncertain pressures. Provided is a healthy, wholesome, family-centered environment in a normal home like setting.
Offered are opportunities for reflection on behavior and the exploration of possible consequences for inappropriate behavior. This process encourages girls to follow more purposeful paths to adulthood. Interpersonal Relationship Skill Training is taught in-group sessions as part of our “In-house Training Program”. Topics include anger management, conflict resolution, and communicating with authority and peers.
Our goal is linked to our vision, mission and purpose statements, to effect change in young people’s lives.
- Preparation to enter the community as contributing members of society.
- Provide Developmental services that dramatically change the thinking and behavior of these girls.
Building a reputation for achieving positive results Goals include the following:
- Provide a safe, abuse-free environment.
- Demonstrate a concern for the happiness and satisfaction of those for whom we provide services and our benefactors.
- Promote family/child relationships.
- Foster community contacts and the value of cultural heritage.
- Provide for the educational progress of each child.
- Help each child develop religious, spiritual and moral values based upon parental and/or case manager consent.
- Restore within each child a wholesome self-esteem, an expanded capacity for love, a respect for human dignity, and compassion.
- Restore within the spirit of each child a positive outlook for the future, and enthusiasm for life.
- Effectively and continuously seek input from our benefactors to improve the quality of services offered.
Each Goal will generate specific and measureable objectives which will become part of our Quality Measurement Program.
Targeted for The McCrae House Inc. are teen girls who have been neglected, abandoned, abused or orphaned resulting in becoming youth of the foster care system.
These girls are under the direct supervision of Eckerd Community Alternatives of Hillsborough, Pinellas and Pasco Counties.
Age group: 13-17 years
Admissions Social CriteriaThe specific criteria for admissions include one or more of the following that fits under the umbrella of Social or Academic Criteria:
Foster care placement due to the following: